Welcome to the Homepage of The Treasury Branch under the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The Treasury Branch -
- supports the Financial Secretary and the Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury on matters of fiscal policy and the annual Budget;
- oversees the Resource Allocation Exercise and the compilation of the Government's annual estimates of expenditure;
- ensures a right balance between meeting public demand for quality government services and upholding the principles of small government and low taxes, and promotes value for money across the Government;
- evaluates the financial implications of policy and infrastructure proposals and the financial aspects of land-related matters;
- provides policy direction on revenue matters, and maintains an effective revenue collection and protection system;
- oversees Government's investments and loans portfolio;
- oversees the efficient and cost-effective management of Government's estate;
- improves the efficiency, quality and cost-effectiveness of Government's central support services in the areas of government land transport, procurement, printing as well as financial and accounting arrangements; and
- manages relationship with the Public Accounts Committee and Finance Committee of the Legislative Council.
(Ms Alice Lau)
Permanent Secretary for
Financial Services and the Treasury